We’re so grateful for how God has graciously answered our prayers to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on our islands. God’s blessing on our efforts to “socially distance” and stay-at-home has resulted in a reduced spread of COVID-19 in Hawaii.
As we begin preparations to regather as a community, we hope you’re as excited to see your friends and worship together as we are!
For now, we will continue meeting online for our Sunday services. Once we receive approval from the DOE and Kahala Elementary about regathering in-person, we'll let you know.
To hear more about our plans to regather as a church, check out this brief video msg from Pastor Gregg:
We stream our services live on Sundays at 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:45am, 5:00pm and 7:00pm.
Our team is taking every precaution as outlined by the CDC to ensure that Grace Honolulu is safe, secure and spacious for you and your family. Some of the things we're doing include:
- Staff and serve team members will be wearing masks and we ask for all who attend wear masks as well.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- Recommended distancing guidelines will be in place, including reduced seating capacity. Our seating will be socially distanced by family.
- Our services will be a “touchless” experience. All handouts, seatback materials, pens will be removed. Please download the app to access message notes and discipleship guides.
- All high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- We will check the temperature of all of our staff and serve team members before they serve.
- There will be a separate entry and exit point to and from the cafeteria.
- Our restrooms will be open, but we ask your help to limit the restrooms to two people at a time.
- No hospitality food or beverages will be offered. Feel free to bring your own water bottle.
- We won’t be passing the offering basket. Instead, ushers will be stationed as you exit for guests who want to give. We highly encourage you to give on our website and the Grace Honolulu app.
- Grace Kidz will not be available at this time.
- Grace Groups can begin to transition from meeting online to gathering in person. With each group having unique needs, each group will determine their timeline for regathering in person. Let’s continue to strengthen and build community during a time when we need each other more than ever.
- If you're interested in joining a Grace Group, you can receive more information here.
- Reach out to those who have demonstrated an openness to the gospel during the pandemic.
Those with a compromised immune system and those with specific health and age precautions should prayerfully consider what is wise and best for them.
Grace Honolulu community, let’s continue to lean into our faith, hold tight to the Lord and generously show and share the love of Jesus in this season. Remember, we’re not just going through this crisis, but we are growing through this trial together.
As we step out in faith, God is working something deep in our hearts. He will bring us to a new normal, one that will again see us sitting, serving and making disciples side by side wearing smiles instead of masks.
Thank you for your love for Jesus and your concern for the well-being of our island. Together, let’s continue to help move our island into this next phase of healing and restoration.
Working together to reach our city,
Pastors Gregg and Kris